Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Summer Days in Yosemite

We went on a very quick, one night trip to Yosemite last Sunday. The weather was perfect, but because of the unusually wet winter this year, there were swarms of mosquitoes in the valley. We were being eaten alive even as we were posing for this picture. It has been a few years since we visited Yosemite in the summer. We were not used to the crowds of people and the traffic. I personally prefer winter in Yosemite, but you sometimes have to seize the opportunity to go when it presents itself (we caught a last minute cancellation).



Gail took many pictures using the Nikon D100 while I was putting my newly acquired Nikon F4s through its paces, so I only used the D100 for a few shots.

This picture from Tunnel View is by Gail. You can see how full and spectacular Bridal Veil Fall looks, and you can see Half Dome in the distance. She wanted to capture the impressive cloud formation that formed that day.



When I have time, I'll post some more pictures. I shot 3 full rolls of film, and we got 145 pictures on the D100.

Thanks for reading.

--Warren

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home