Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Picture: Sunset from Lincoln Park



Summer is a lovely time of the year. With Daylight Savings Time, the sun sets later in the day. We had dinner one evening on Clement street near Lincoln Park. After dinner, we took a short stroll to the top of the hill at Lincoln Park. the sun was setting as we got up there. A small bank of summer fog was beginning to creep into the Golden Gate. It was breezy and brisk, but it was very pleasant amid the trees in the park. The combination of the setting sun and the light fog in the distance made for a very subtle sunset color that day. If you look closely, you can see Pt. Bonita lightstation perched on an outcropping that juts out from the Marin Headlands.

This picture also appears on my other site: FPCF (the Friendly Photo Forum). I sometimes cross-post pictures in both places because not all of you know about the other site. If you have some time, please visit FPCF. You'll find many pictures that were posted by me and a small group of photographers. We participate there to share our pictures and to discuss photographic techniques and ideas. We do it for fun and enjoyment of our hobby, and hopefully improve our technique and refine our vision.

Thanks for reading.

--Warren

Comments:
Thanks PG!

For those readers who have not done so already, check out Prairie Girl's blog (link in my Favorite Places section of the index). She posted a bunch of very nice pictures from her recent vacation to Mallorca. When I saw those pictures, I added Mallorca to my "Must Visit Someday" list.

--Warren
 
Random stranger here.... I just thought I'd say hello.

I happened to find your blog by clicking that "next blog" button at the top of the page. Thanks for posting about your FPCF. I enjoy photograpy and bookmark all the blogs I stumble upon that have photos that I enjoy.
 
girl boof: thanks for the comment. Check back once in a while, to both FPCF and here.

--Warren
 
Post a Comment

<< Home