Sunday, July 25, 2004

TDF 2004 6th TDF Win for Lance!

Saturday's Stage 19 went as expected. Lance Armstrong has always told of how the wearer of the Yellow Jersey should always do well on the last time trial of the Tour.  Yesterday, Lance honored the Yellow Jersey by proving once again that he is the best man this year. He put additional time into his competition by winning Stage 19.

Today's Stage 20 into Paris was largely ceremonial for Lance. He only needed to stay out of harms way and let the sprinters ride for the stage win.

So this Tour is in the books, and Lance has set a record for TDF victories. We're not sure  if he will return in 2005 to try for a 7th.

I hope you enjoyed my TDF commentary. If you did, please acknowledge this by sending me an email or a comment.

Warren




Comments:
Thanks for the Tour coverage, since I do not have cable, I have been following your reports to keep up with what was happening. As a former avid cyclist I can appreciate the remakable achivement of 6 straight wins and I was able to see the last stage on TV while on vacation. Keep writing, Corey
 
Post a Comment

<< Home